With changes within the industry, manufacturers may face more challenges in relation to printing than they may realise.By implementing a comprehensive support system, like Managed Print Services, manufacturing businesses can increase productivity and reduce costs.
What does Managed Print Services include?
Managed Print Services, or MPS, includes the management of print devices like scanners, printers, photocopiers and multifunctional devices. It also includes document management and workflow solutions to help improve print environments.
Businesses can save a significant amount of income each year by taking a more strategic approach to their printing through MPS.
How is printing used in the manufacturing industry?
From billing sheets to outer packaging, printing is used practically throughout the whole process of manufacturing.
Manufacturers need to meet specific print requirements, which is why they benefit from the use of commercial printers. Using commercial printers allows manufacturers to easily print a variety of different products, while keeping up with the busy working environment.
Manufacturers may use printers to print assets such as:
- Branded documents
- Instruction manuals
Manufacturing industry printing challenges
The manufacturing industry can face several challenges when it comes to printing. Some of the most preventable issues include:
- Shipping of goods not happening due to the printer being down (dispatch notes not being printed, etc.)
- At peak times, the current printers may not be able to handle the volume of print required (a bottleneck in the process)
- High volumes of coloured printing (booklets, manuals etc.)
- Intense paper distribution and delivery of finished goods, including proof of delivery documentation
- Too much printing equipment in production and office locations can result in high costs
- Manual labour heavy through cross referencing high volumes of documentation
The benefits of Managed Print Services for manufacturers
Managed Print Services has several benefits for manufacturing businesses, including:
Support with technology and security
With MPS for manufacturing, technical support is always readily available as part of the managed plans, which in turn reduces the strain put on your company’s IT team.
Your printing equipment is also more secure with the most recent firmware, antivirus protection and encryption software in place to avoid hackers. Manufacturers hold intellectual property and hold customer data, which is why preventing cyber attacks is a top priority with MPS.
Included in an MPS package is the inspection of all the current equipment. Our Managed Print Services team can figure out where the hard working machines are located, and which machines can be eliminated to optimise your fleet.
Upgraded equipment is also often provided to ensure a more secure and user-friendly machine is being used.
Manufacturers rely on accurate document sharing to keep production running smoothly. Streamlining processes and reporting are crucial in a manufacturing environment, but workflow logistics can be affected by downtime.
Outsourcing print services can free up staff for more impactful work that will improve both the customer and employee experience.
Opportunities for improved workflow for manufacturers
There are several key qualities of Managed Print Services that will improve the workflow in manufacturing industries. Listed below are some of the top benefits:
- Automation: Automation is a key factor in improved workflow. The best workflow management systems offer automation to streamline processes, schedule and monitor activities and provide real time data and analytics.
- Scalability: As your business grows, so should your software. MPS is able to be scaled up alongside your business.
- Security: The best MPS will have advanced security features to keep your data safe and secure.
- Easy to use: Software included in MPS is easy to use, making it accessible for all team members.
- Integration: Software can easily be integrated with other programs and services in your company. This will allow you to share data and collaborate with other departments easily.
Why choose Copy Print Services for Manufacturer Managed Print services?
At Copy Print Services, we understand the demands that are placed on manufacturing organisations, and the requirements that may come from this.
We’re here to support you and your business when needed, and with our own team of in-house engineers, we can be with you on site within a couple of hours to help with any issues.